Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers odds, picks and prediction
The Arizona Diamondbacks (47-98) hope to avoid a series sweep Wednesday as they take on the Los Angeles Dodgers (93-53) in the final of their three-game series in Los Angeles. First pitch for Wednesday's game is at 10:10 p.m. ET at Dodger Stadium. Let's analyze the lines around the Diamondbacks vs. Dodgersodds with MLB picks and predictions.
Diamondbacks RHP Merrill Kelly (7-9, 4.30 ERA) makes his 25th start. He has a 1.24 WHIP, 2.1 BB/9 and 7.5 K/9 through 142 1/3 IP.
- Kelly has not pitched since Aug. 11. He tested positive for COVID-19 and has been on the injured list since then. He will be activated for Wednesday's game.
- The Diamondbacks had lost his last three starts before going on the IL. He has started three times against the Dodgers this season, going 0-2 with an ERA of 3.38.
Dodgers LHP Julio Urias (17-3, 2.98 ERA) makes his 29th start. He has a 1.03 WHIP, 1.8 BB/9 and 9.6 K/9 through 163 1/3 IP.
- Urias has won eight straight decisions. His last loss was July 21. The Dodgers have won seven straight of his starts.
- He is 2-0 in two starts against the Diamondbacks. He has allowed only one run in 11 2/3 innings against them.
Road at Home odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Diamondbacks +260 (bet $100 to win $260) | Dodgers -340 (bet $340 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Diamondbacks +2.5 (-120) | Dodgers -2.5 (+100)
- Over/Under: 7.5 (O: -130 | U: +105)
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Dodgers 5, Diamondbacks 1
Money line (ML)
PASS on the money line in this game. There is little to gain from betting the Dodgers at -340, and it would be largely considered a bad bet to pick the Diamondbacks to win the game. After all, Arizona is one of the worst teams in the league. They are the worst team in the majors on the road at 19-55, while the Dodgers are 51-23 at home, which is the best mark in the majors.
The Dodgers are 13-2 against Arizona this season. They have lost only once at home to them this season. They have won Urias' last seven starts.
A money line bet is as sure a win as anything, but at the price, you are better off looking to the spread and the total.
The Diamondbacks have covered the spread once in each of their previous four series against the Dodgers this season, going 4-11 ATS against them this season. They have the third-lowest road cover percentage in the majors at 44.6%.
Nine of the Dodgers' 13 wins over Arizona have been by at least three runs. Urias has allowed only one run this season against the Diamondbacks. Kelly has been solid against the Dodgers for Arizona, but this will be his first start since contracting COVID.
Take the DODGERS -2.5 (+100).
Nine of the 15 games between these teams this season have had totals of eight runs or more. Nine of the Diamondbacks' last 11 have had totals of 8 or more.
Eight of the Dodgers' last 14 games have stayed under eight runs a game. Three of Urias' last four starts have had totals of fewer than eight runs.
Take UNDER 7.5 (+105).
Also see:2021 World Series odds for all teams
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.