“Three years ago was a scary but happy day. We gave birth to this miracle baby boy weighing 1 pound, 10 ounces. Happy birthday to our miracle baby boy Lucas! You have come so far in the last three years, and we know that so much more is to come. We love you so much,” said his mother, Jessica, who has chronicled her son's resilience when doctors didn't expect him to live after his birth.

Lucas Daniels was born at 24 weeks on Nov. 29, 2014. Two weeks before he was born Jessica started to spot blood and one week later her water ruptured. She was then admitted into Mercy Hospital and gave birth to a delightful and beautiful baby boy who has an unwavering will to combat limitations that he has continued to overcome.

He has grown to be a radiating 3-year-old, and anyone will capture joy from the sight of his smile. There have been ups and downs, yet he has grown to become an active young lad, climbing on the jungle gym and sliding down the slide -- as a force of nature -- at Lions Club Park on July 22, 2018 during the announcement that he would be taking a trip to Disney World on August 3 through August 12 on behalf of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

His mother said there is a lot of risks for a premature baby, and Lucas has had associated dangers since his birth with his lungs, heart mummers and a hernia. He has also been on a ventilator since he was born to help him breathe.

Nevertheless, Lucas perseveres. Our Miracle Baby Boy Lucas Daniels is a page set up by his family and shows how he is a force to be reckoned with: 

“On Jan. 8, 2015 he started to go back downhill. His left lung collapsed. They put him on a different ventilator called the; jet.

“His blood pressure again started to drop, and his kidneys quit working again. He was on the highest support and pressure there was. On Jan. 9, 2015 the doctor came to dad and me and told us that we need to call family to come and see him because they didn't think he would make it through the night.

“They started him on a machine called the IPV to help his lung open up. His right lung began to inflate over to the left side, so the machine would help with that. Lucas keeps fighting and fighting, and on Jan. 11, 2015 his lungs opened back up! And through all of this, he was getting blood and platelet transfusions. The next few days were going good.

“But on Jan. 21, 2015 Lucas gave us the worst scare of our lives. His heart dropped very low along with his oxygen, so they had to do CPR on him for over 20 minutes. After he came back from that episode and was stable, he had another small episode and came back from that one. But his oxygen was very low, and he was on the highest support there was.

“That night the doctor came to us and told us we would give him until morning to get his numbers up where they need to be, but if the numbers are not there, there is nothing else they can do for him. He told us that they would put him in my arms and turn the machine off. I just lost it. I prayed and prayed for him to pull through this. 

"By the morning his numbers were up for the most part, and he was fighting so hard not to leave us. The doctor came in that morning and told us that he was very surprised by all of this and that Lucas was a true miracle baby boy!”

Lucas continues to be that enchanting miracle that seldom comes along, and on his special day three years later he was wearing his Mickey Mouse ears and playing with his decked out red, Mickey Mouse sunglasses. Lucas is an unwavering magical son, brother, and grandson; excited for the trip that he is most deserving of.