Questions with the new staff member of The Rolla Daily News, Multimedia Account Executive Sundi Jo Graham.
1. Where were you born?
I was born in Jefferson City in 1983 on Labor Day.
2. Who had the greatest influence on you during your childhood?
Dolly Parton. I loved her music. It was a way of escape for me. Not only was she a great singer, but an amazing songwriter.
3.What are you most proud of?
Losing 145 lbs.
5. Where did you go to high school and college?
I graduated from Belle High School in 2001. I graduated from Ozarks Technical Community College with an AA in Communications in 2015.
6. What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I can’t sleep without the noise of a fan. I went on a mission trip in 2014 and my fan broke. I didn’t know how I was going to survive for the next week, but I found a fan app in the app store for $1.99. I would’ve paid $100 for it. I’ve used it ever since.
4. What is your philosophy to life?
Put Jesus first and always remain teachable.
7. What drew you to Rolla?
I grew up only 30 minutes away in Belle, so I’ve been familiar with Rolla all of my life.
8. When did you start at The Rolla Daily News?
A week ago.
8. How did you get into your career path, and why?
I recently stepped out of ministry where I was leading a residential discipleship program for women struggling with life-controlling issues, and was looking for something different. I knew I wanted to find something that allowed me to continue building relationships with others.
9. What was a life-defining moment that shaped you into the person you are today?
On July 31, 2006 I gave my life to Christ and He’s been rocking my world ever since. Being a Christian doesn’t just make life all rosey, but I certainly can’t imagine doing life without Jesus. I tried if it for a long time and it sucked.
10. Who or what is your favorite musician or song?
I guess that goes back to No. 2, Dolly Parton. When I was 8 years old I was staying with my dad for the weekend and we were sitting at the kitchen table. This song, “Silver and Gold” came on the radio and I’d never heard it before, or the woman singing it. I immediately fell in love with that song and to this day, it’s still my favorite.
11. What are your hobbies or passions?
I love to write – blogs, books, songs. I actually blog at sundijo.com on faith lived out, life application, and health and wellness. I’ve written a couple books. I also enjoy going to the movies whenever I can.
12. Where is your favorite place and why?
I love Nashville. It’s full of dreams. I’ve always said I’m a country girl with Starbucks dreams.
13. What is your treasured restaurant and what meal?
I love Shogun Japanese steakhouse. I’ll never turn down a good steak.
14. What cause are you most passionate about?
Helping others find freedom and learning how to overcome their pasts. I don’t always live life right, but the glory is in the struggle, and I want to help others keep fighting just the same way I keep fighting.