The Rolla soccer team (22-4) will host Glendale for Sectionals on Tuesday, Oct. 31. These two teams have a lot of history against one another and have two head coaches among the most storied in state history. Here are a few note-worthy stats on the two teams before they face off on Halloween at 5:00.
- Rolla enters the game as the fourth ranked team in Class 3, while Glendale sits two spots above them in second place.
- Glendale coach Jeff Rogers enters the game with a record of 856-332-68, which puts him fourth on the wins list in Missouri history, while Rolla head coach Mike Howard is two spots behind him in sixth place with a record of 827-337-69. The two coaches have 1,683 combined wins.
- Glendale holds the advantage over Rolla in postseason matchups, winning 13 of their 22 matchups. Rolla is 2-1 in overtime postseason games. Glendale has also won more of the regular season matchups between the two schools, winning 39 of the 72 games. Rolla has 31 wins, while two games have ended in a draw.
- Rolla defeated Glendale 1-0 in Sectionals last season. Like last season, Glendale won the regular season matchup with the Bulldogs this year with a 2-1 overtime victory in the rain.
- Rolla has won 28 District titles and 19 conference titles, while Glendale has won 30 District titles, while winning the Ozark Conference 23 times.