A St. James man who was injured in the April 23 Rosati-area shooting that left another man dead has died, according to the Phelps County coroner’s office.

A St. James man who was injured in the April 23 Rosati-area shooting that left another man dead has died, according to the Phelps County coroner’s office.
Lenox Jones, deputy coroner, told the Daily News that Dean C. Groh, 53, of St. James, died Sunday morning at his home.
Groh was injured after suffering a gunshot wound to the head in the incident that also left St. James area resident Herman Ilges, 58, dead. A probable cause statement stated Ilges also suffered “an apparent gunshot wound to the head.”
Jones said an autopsy for Groh is scheduled for Monday, June 30. Jones said at this time, he believes Groh’s death is “a direct result of the shooting,” but an autopsy will determine the exact cause.
While Groh’s death occurred in Phelps County and the Phelps County coroner’s office responded Sunday morning to Groh’s residence, Jones has given the autopsy case to Crawford County Coroner Paul Hutson since the shooting incident took place in Crawford County.
Groh’s arrangements are being handled by Rolla Cremation.
Oryon Dain Guinn, 29, and Chelsea Lynn Maxfield, 31, both have been accused of murder, burglary and assault in connection with the incident.
According to Missouri Case.net, the state’s online court records system, both Guinn and Maxfield waived their rights to a preliminary hearing earlier this month.
June 16, Maxfield pleaded not guilty to the three charges filed against her, which are first-degree murder, first-degree burglary and first-degree assault resulting in serious physical injury.
Then June 17, Guinn entered a plea of not guilty to all five charges against him, which are first-degree murder, armed criminal action, second-degree burglary, first-degree assault resulting in serious physical injury and unlawful possession of a firearm, a Class C felony.
The accused parties’ next scheduled court appearances are both this Tuesday, July 1.
The shooting incident took place at a residence in the 200 block of Piazza Road in the Rosati area in Crawford County.
Groh reported the incident to law enforcement authorities.
According to court records, when Groh, who was conscious and alert when first responders arrived at the scene, asked who shot Groh and Ilges, Groh wrote down the name, Oryon Guinn, and gave it to law enforcement officials.
According to court records, the shooting suspect identified himself as Guinn and Groh also heard a woman, “which he could identify as Oryon’s girlfriend, Chelsea.”
Court documents state Groh heard yelling in the bedroom of the residence the night of the incident and five to eight shots fired. Groh then said the male suspect entered the living room, pointed a gun at him and fired it at his head.
Groh told law enforcement officials that he had known the suspect for about five years.
Guinn and Maxfield were later found and arrested by St. James police in the parking lot at La Cabana Mexican Restaurant, east of St. James.
“A small caliber handgun, believed to be the weapon used in the shooting of the two men, was located laying on the restaurant parking lot a short distance from the vehicle the two suspects had been driving,” said Crawford County Sheriff Randy Martin in April.
Court documents state Maxfield initially denied being at the residence on Piazza Road and that a Crawford County sheriff’s detective noticed blood on Guinn’s pants.
The detective informed Guinn that one of the victims was still alive, according to the probable cause statement, and Guinn “replied ‘which one?’ and then quickly stated ‘What do you mean?’ ”