Missouri University of Science and Technology invites local artists to submit their work to an upcoming spring show titled “Art Inspired by Science and Engineering.”
Works will be displayed from March through May in the Leach Theatre lobby, located in Castleman Hall at 10th and Main streets in Rolla.
The show is designed to exhibit original works that follow a theme of research and innovation.
Mediums may include paint, glass or photography or any other medium that can be hung as 2-D art. No free-standing artwork or pieces that require pedestals will be accepted.
Works should be submitted to Luce Myers, lecturer of arts, languages, and philosophy, for approval by no later than Wednesday, Feb. 26.
The criteria for submission are:
• Each work must be self-generated, self-composed and self-produced. Myers encourages these works to be a vehicle for dialogue among viewers and artists.
• Each work must be framed and ready to hang with wires secure.
• Each work must have a label on the back listing title, artist(s), medium, price or NFS (not for sale).
• Works may be collaborative or solo works.
• Works may be realistic, abstract, microscopic, surreal or any style.
• Good craftsmanship of presentation is imperative.
An opening reception is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, in the Leach Theatre lobby. The reception is free and open to the public.
For more information, contact Myers via email at email@example.com or call 341-4109.