|
|
The Rolla Daily News - Rolla, MO
  • UPDATE: Mobile home fire near Doolittle ruled accidental

  • A New Year’s Day fire that destroyed a mobile home northeast of Doolittle is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction behind the clothes dryer, according to a spokesperson with the Missouri State Fire Marshal’s Office.
    • email print
      Comment
  • A New Year’s Day fire that destroyed a mobile home northeast of Doolittle is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction behind the clothes dryer, according to a spokesperson with the Missouri State Fire Marshal’s Office.
    Mike O’Connell, communications director with the Missouri Department of Public Safety, which includes the fire marshal’s office, told the Daily News Friday, “The cause has been ruled as accidental.”
    Chief Matt Bramel, of the Doolittle Rural Fire Protection District, said there were no injuries in the fire that gutted the home at 16715 County Road 8240.
    The residents — only identified as the Ross family — were not home at the time of the fire, which broke out around 1:15 p.m. Jan. 1.
    A press release from the Red Cross said the family of three who lived in home were displaced by the fire but are staying with relatives.
    About 12 to 14 firefighters from the Doolittle fire district responded, in addition to another estimated 10 firefighters from the Rolla Rural Fire Protection District, Bramel said. The Phelps County Ambulance District and Phelps County Sheriff’s Department also responded.
    “It (residence) was heavily involved when we arrived,” Bramel said, noting that smoke and flames were showing.

        calendar