An ordinance regulating peddlers, solicitors and canvassers will be presented at Monday night's Rolla City Council meeting
An ordinance regulating peddlers, solicitors and canvassers will be presented at Monday night's Rolla City Council meeting.
Stricter regulation of door-to-door callers was discussed at length two weeks ago, with most council members indicating their support. By the time the discussion was done, Mayor Bill Jenks III said he believed the consensus warranted an ordinance to be presented at Monday's 6:30 p.m. meeting in the council chambers at Rolla City Hall.
Other business on the agenda includes the following:
• Public hearing on rezoning of 1402 E. 10th St. from R-3 (multi-family) to C-2 (general retail) district zoning.
• Update on the Sustainable Ozarks Partnership's impact on Fort Leonard Wood.
• Transferal of funds from the park and recreation sales tax account to cover the operating deficit of The Centre.
• Approval of the fiscal year 2013 year-end budget adjustments.
• Appointment of Candace Connell to the Rolla Regional Economic Commission.
• Closed-to-the-public session to discuss real estate.