Lady Miners pick up a point on Sunday.

The Missouri S&T women's soccer team picked up a hard-fought and well-earned point against a team it had never beaten or tied in a 1-1 game against Wisconsin-Parkside on Sunday at S&T Field.

Coming into the match the Lady Miners were 0-10-0 all-time against the Rangers.

S&T (3-7-4 overall and GLVC) fell behind in the seventh minute on Karley Mecko's second goal of the season. The Miners committed a foul just outside the penalty box and Niekie Pellens served one across the box to Mecko. Mecko got a head on it, but banged it off the post. She stayed with the play knocking in the rebound.

Parkside (10-3-3, 8-3-3 GLVC) had another chance six minutes later on a shot by Katie Gavin that was saved by Kaitlyn Deister.

The Lady Miners got even exactly 10 minutes later. This time it was the Rangers committing a foul just outside the penalty area. Kendall Fitzpatrick took the free kick and blasted a shot into the upper left corner for her first goal of the season.

The Rangers had a pair of chances late in the frame to retake the lead, but Deister made a pair of saves to keep the game tied headed into the break.

Parkside held a 5-1 edge in shots in the opening period and put four of those on goal compared to one for S&T.

The Lady Miners had to withstand a barrage of shots from the Rangers in the first 25 minutes of the second half. Parkside got five shots away, but were unable to get one into the goal.

S&T turned up the pressure on the Rangers over the final 20 minutes of regulation making several good plays and had four chances for the game winner. Its best chance came in the 88th minute when Kelsey Salzman hit a shot off the crossbar that was deflected out for a corner kick. Leah Camery served the corner kick into the box and it was banged around before coming out to Mary Hapak who put it on frame.

The Lady Miners took the only three shots of the overtime periods.

The Rangers finished the contest with a 13-11 edge in shots and 6-4 in shots on goal.

It was a physical game as the two teams were whistled for a total of 29 fouls.

Lewis 4, S&T 0
The Missouri S&T Lady Miners gave up three goals in a span of 15 minutes and had its five match winning streak against Lewis come to end in a 4-0 defeat on Friday evening in Rolla.

The Flyers scored a goal with less than six minutes to play in the first half and then added two in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

The game was scoreless until the 40th minute when Lewis (8-5-2, 6-5-2 GLVC) broke through. Maggie Moran played a ball into the center of the penalty box to Jessica Chavez. Chavez shot it into the upper corner for her ninth goal of the season. The Flyers held a 6-2 edge in shots in the first 45 minutes and each side had a shot on goal.

The Flyers extended their lead 3:33 into the second stanza when Susan Thomas knocked home a free kick from 18 yards out for her first goal of the season. Moran made it 3-0 nearly six minutes later putting home a shot from 18 yards out off a pass from Thomas.

Lewis added their final goal in the 83rd minute. Chavez sent a ball through the Lady Miner defense to Lauren Grady who put it in for her sixth of the season.

The Flyers outshot S&T 7-5 in the second half and finished the contest with a 13-7 edge. Lewis put six shots on goal compared to one for the Lady Miners.

S&T concludes its 2013 schedule on Wednesday hosting Drury at 6 p.m.