From Oktoberfest to Make a Difference Day to more events, Fort Leonard Wood is hosting several events this Saturday, Oct. 26.
• Make a Difference Day: Individuals and organizations organize community projects nationwide to celebrate the annual Make a Difference Day, a national day of community service. Local projects are scheduled to take place between 7:30 a.m. and noon. Volunteers should meet at 7 a.m. at the post’s Army Community Center, Building 486. Projects include mulching trees, work with the Armed Services YMCA, installation beautification, stream cleaning school projects and more. At 8:30 a.m. there will be a 5K fun run/walk for domestic violence awareness beginning at the Army Community Center building.
• Military Kids Fit for Life: Hollywood celebrity trainer Shawn Jenkins will lead fitness class for children of all ages at 10 a.m. at the Rec Plex, located in Building 640 on Constitution Avenue. Admission is free, and participants are encouraged to dress in comfortable clothing. The fitness session is a part of the Little Patriots Embraced Military Youth Celebrity Tour.
• Youth Concert with Jenna Rose: Fort Leonard Wood Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) and Little Patriots Embraced will present Jenna Rose, live in concert at 3 p.m. the Rec Plex. Fourteen-year-old Rose and her dancers will perform and sign autographs. This concert is free and open to the public. For more information about Rose, visit www.jennaroseofficial.com.
• Pumpkin Fest: Fort Leonard Wood’s Pumpkin Fest is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Rec Plex. Family activities will include hayrides, a kid’s zone, mini golf, go-carts, face painting and more. There will also be several pumpkin-themed activities including a little pumpkin costume contest and parade, pumpkin seed spitting contest and a pumpkin chucking contest. Some activities will be subject to a small fee. To sign up for contests, visit www.fortleonardwoodmwr.com. For more information, call 573-596-6913.
• Oktoberfest: Make your plans now for Fort Leonard Wood's Oktoberfest scheduled from 3 to 10 p.m. at the Pershing Community Center. There will be traditional German food, music, games and activities and a beiergarten. For more information, call 573-596-0131, extension 66913. The cost for the buffet is $10. The event is open to the public.