Miners split pair of 1-0 decisions.

In each of its prior two contests, Missouri S&T's men's soccer team gave up an early goal and ended up on the losing end of the result at game's end.

But on Sunday, the Miners turned the tables, scoring in the eighth minute and making that tally stand up in a 1-0 victory over Saint Joseph's.

On Friday in Indianapolis, Ind. S&T fell to Indianapolis 1-0.

Ben Emnett headed in a free kick from Diego Robayo 7:47 into the contest and that would be all the Miners would need to halt a three-game winless streak and keep them in contention in the race for one of the eight playoff berths in the upcoming Great Lakes Valley Conference Tournament.

S&T had an early flurry of shots at the Pumas, getting three on net in the first 4:31 of the contest before converting the free kick to take the lead.

Following the goal by Emnett, his first of the season, the S&T defense and goalkeeper Matt Jackson did the rest as they posted their fourth shutout of the season.

The Pumas had one shot on goal in the first half that Jackson turned away at the 13-minute mark, then had two more on goal in the second half, the last coming with just under 10 minutes remaining.

Saint Joseph's outshot the Miners 16-15 for the game, but the Miners had eight shots on net as opposed to three for the Pumas. The hosts did have six corner kick opportunities in the second half, but were only able to produce a shot on one of them.

The loss was the ninth in succession for Saint Joseph's (2-12-1, 1-11 GLVC), who has lost nine one-goal decisions this season.

Indianapolis 1, S&T 0
A goal in the third minute of play by the GLVC's leading scorer was all that Indianapolis needed Friday to record a 1-0 win over Missouri S&T.

Ngwese Ebangwese, who entered the night atop the league in both goals and points, scored just 2:43 into the game and it would turn out to be the only goal of the night. Ebangwese scored his 10th goal of the year when he dribbled into the box and put a shot into the corner past S&T goalkeeper Matt Jackson.

The Miners would have some scoring chances after the early goal, including a penalty kick in the ninth minute. However, Greyhound goalkeeper Andrew Verhonik stopped the try by Timmy Kenny to keep UIndy in the lead.

S&T would get some opportunities in the second half, but Verhonik stopped a shot by Alex Reifschneider 12 minutes into the second half and another by Gilberto Robayo with just over 15 minutes to go. The Miners had one last flurry as the clock wound down, but Kenny had a head ball attempt stopped by the keeper and then hit a shot over the top of the net in the final minute.

Kenny had four of the Miners' eight shots in the contest, as the teams ended up with eight shots apiece. Jackson was credited with one save as the Miners had four shots on net to two for the Greyhounds (9-2-2, 8-1-2 GLVC), who ended a seven-game losing streak to S&T and got their first win over the Miners since 2004.

S&T, now 6-6-2 overall and 5-5-2 in the GLVC, will open a three-game homestand to close the regular season schedule Friday when it takes on fifth-ranked Lewi