Lady Miners fall to Saint Joseph's, Indianapolis.

The Missouri S&T women's soccer team dominated the stat sheet on Sunday, but came up short on the scoreboard in a 2-1 loss to Saint Joseph on Sunday in Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) action.

On Friday at Indianapolis, Ind., the Lady Miners lost to Indianapolis 1-0.

On Sunday, the Lady Miners outshot their hosts 17-9 and put nine of those on goal compared to just three for the Pumas.

SJC (2-9-2, 2-8-2 GLVC) broke a scoreless tie midway through the opening frame as Sarah Johnson feed a pass to Stephanie Cradduck who had gotten behind the S&T (3-6-3, 3-6-3 GLVC) defense. Cradduck blasted a right footed shot past Madison Gibler for her third of the season. The Pumas added another breakaway goal just over four minutes later. Johnson was again the focal point of the play.

She fed a pass through traffic to Megan Gramhofer and she beat Gibler for her second goal of the year.

The Lady Miners held a 7-6 edge in shots and 4-3 in on goal, but were unable to get one past Amanda Volk.

S&T kept the pressure on in the second half taking 10 shots in the frame and had four on goal. The Lady Miners got on the scoreboard with 6:30 minutes remaining on a free kick. Anna Fink made a right to left pass with S&T crashing the net Sarah Hostler put it in for her fourth goal of the season. Hostler had a chance to tie the game in the final minute, but her shot was denied by Volk.

Hostler came off the bench to lead the Lady Miners with four shots and had three on goal. Gibler made only one save in the contest.

The Lady Miners gave up an early goal and were unable to overcome in its 1-0 loss at Indianapolis on Friday night. Kimberly Ekholm and Kendall Fitzpatrick had three shots apiece for the Lady Miners while Kaitlyn Deister made three saves.

UIndy (5-6-3, 4-4-3 GLVC) came out of the gates fast registering four shots in the first 17 minutes of the contest. It was the fourth shot the Greyhounds scored on.

After a foul on S&T, Kaitlyn Braunig hit a free kick from 30 yards out into the far corner of the goal.

The Lady Miners had a shot to tie the game in the 26th minute, but Fitzpatrick's shot was saved by the keeper.

At the break the 'Hounds held a 7-2 edge in shots and 3-1 on goal.

In the second half S&T had a couple of opportunities in the first 10 minutes but were turned away both times by the UIndy keeper.

Deister kept her team in the game denying a breakaway with just over 21 minutes left in the contest. Stacy Klene came down the far side of the field and had only Deister to beat. Deister came out and smothered the ball before Klene could get away a decent shot.

The Lady Miners kept applying pressure but was unable to get anything on goal in the final 10 minutes.

S&T outshot the Greyhounds 6-2 in the second half, had a 2-1 edge in shots on goal and had a 4-1 advantage in corner kicks.
Indianapolis finished the game outshooting S&T by a 9-8 margin, 4-3 in shots on goal.

S&T returns home this Friday night to take on Lewis beginning at 5 p.m., at the S&T Soccer Field.