The council will consider changing the job of city prosecutor from an elected position to an appointed one at tonight's meeting.
Last meeting, the council heard the proposal to make the change but took no action.
In other business or discussion:
• Police Chief Mark Kearse will give a report on the SWAT team.
• Parks and Recreation Director Scott Caron will give a report on the baseball/softball season and the use of the trail system.
• First reading of an ordinance regarding the electrical code will be heard.
• A motion to extend the city counselor services for another year will be heard.
• Selling the outdoor Christmas tree as surplus will be considered.
• Reappointments of Dennis Goodman, Lynn McFarland and Larry Thoms to the Parks and Recreation Committee will be considered.
• In closed session, the council will consider potential litigation and real estate deals.