Missouri University of Science and Technology will host a 5K run/walk through the S&T campus Saturday, Oct. 19, as part of the university’s annual Homecoming celebration.
This year’s theme is League of Super Miners.
The community is invited to participate in the Super Miner 5K, which will begin at 9 a.m. at Allgood-Bailey Track on 10th Street in Rolla. Registration is $20 for the public and $15 for students in kindergarten through college. Children age 6 and younger are free.
To register, visit split-secondtiming.com/upcoming-event, locate the Super Miner 5K and click on "Online Registration." A mail-in registration form is also available.
Numerous other activities are planned for Homecoming weekend, Oct. 18-19. Many are open to the public.
Information about tickets and registration is available at mineralumni.com/homecoming. For more details, contact the Miner Alumni Association at 573-341-4145 or at 800-JOMINER (800-566-4637).
Other Homecoming 2013 activities will include:
Friday, Oct. 18
• Souvenir Rollamo yearbook photo reprints, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Havener Center atrium
• Alumni Association Miner Legends Luncheon, noon-1:30 p.m., St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center. Some of S&T’s most distinguished alumni will receive recognition. Tickets are required.
• Homecoming registration, 1-7 p.m., Leach Theatre lobby, Castleman Hall, 10th and Main streets
• Department open houses, 3-4 p.m., various campus departments
• Silver and Gold Gathering, 5-8 p.m., the Alumni Patio outside Castleman Hall. Social hour starts at 5 p.m., dinner is 6-7:30 p.m. and social time continues until 8 p.m. Tickets are required.
Saturday, Oct. 19
• Homecoming registration, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Alumni Tent at the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building parking lot
• Kick-off Tailgate Party, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Alumni Tent at the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building parking lot. Tickets are required but are free to those who pre-register by Oct. 11.
• Homecoming football game against Saint Joseph's College of Indiana, 1 p.m., Allgood-Bailey Stadium.
• Super Miner Alumni Social, 7-10 p.m., Public House Brewing Co.