Bill O'Reilly, the most popular talk show host on TV, finally came down from his mostly spin/no spin perch and laid it on the line. I like O'Reilly but, in my opinion, he unconsciously tempered his utterances over the years to hide his natural conservative tendencies.
Big mistake. Calling himself neither Republican nor Democrat had to be a tough row to hoe for an opinionated person like O'Reilly, but as a journalist, he's had enough information from the last half century to "call it like it is." He finally pulled the trigger—no pun intended.
A street corner makes a poor father.
Here's some of what O'Reilly said as he took up the empty challenges by President Obama and his AG Eric Holder to have a "conversation" about race:
• Bill let the race hustlers have it right between the Benjamins for exploiting racial tensions after the Zimmerman acquittal.
• He challenged Obama to lead us instead of continuing to pander to the victimization, sense of entitlement and hopelessness he and his minions preach to blacks.
• O'Reilly pointed out that young black men were responsible for more homicides in this country than whites and Hispanics combined.
• Bill stipulated that anyone involved in selling drugs or using guns must get harsh jail sentences.
• He said that a lot of the problems with black males are the result of a staggering 73% of black babies born out of wedlock and the lack of male role models other than the gangs on the street or the hip-hoppers on the stage.
• As an old high school history teacher, O'Reilly stipulated the necessity of strict regimen which would force children into a disciplined education as they donned school uniforms and uttered speech unencumbered by curse words or Ebonics that make it difficult to make it in the American marketplace of jobs.
• He challenged the hip-hoppers and black icons of Hollywood to cut the gutter lingo in their movies and songs and start helping to get generationally poor blacks out of the funk they're in.
Ideas are king their sources commoners
For those who think that O'Reilly or I are pandering white bullies attempting to go where no white man should, I say hogwash! Over the last five years we voted a black to the White House twice! Best I can remember that job has been held by white males for the last 225 years. Personally, I couldn't care what color our presidents are or if we were led by a 6'5" leprechaun. Hold on! That's O'Reilly's Modus Operandi! The point is, it's about who can get the job done!
My experience with putting together a group of restaurant owners who owned stores in the African American market took place in the 90's in my position as a coop president for a major food chain. Operators who had stores in the African American market complained that some of the generic promotions and advertising didn't work in their neighborhoods, so I formed and headed up a committee of this group to develop programs that sold better in their areas.
Page 2 of 2 - Some promotions did so well that the entire coop used them in future promotions. Everyone seemed a lot happier, because we got parity and even a little advantage over the general market, at times. After some frustrations in the beginning, the most important color was the green we were bringing home to our families and communities, not the black or white of our skins.
One would think the NAACP would want to be part of the solution instead of the problem. Seems their suggestion for gaining control of unwed births is to advocate for what the founder of Planned Parenthood set as a goal early on. Margaret Sanger pressed for the restriction of birth rates for undesirable intellects and poor races, AKA blacks.
Planned Parenthood, a major purveyor of abortions accounts for 36% of the murder of black babies in the womb when blacks comprise only 12% of the USA's population. Not only are PP backed by the NAACP but all the liberal black leaders I know of, including and especially President Obama.
Why do I care? Because the race issue will continue to rip this country apart until there's a civil war or we become Greece, something we're well on our way to.
Anyone not hear about Detroit declaring bankruptcy? This country is on as surely an unsustainable course as they were. Much of the problem was the Democrat-run city kicked the can down the road for the last 50 years.
We need leadership not empty pontification based on false premises.
So, by the power vested in me as a pundit, I hereby put into nomination William James "Bill" O'Reilly as the next President of the NAACP.
Hey, they could do worse—and they have for the last half century.