In rescheduled GLVC doubleheader, S&T baseball is swept by Missouri-St. Louis.

Missed scoring chances throughout the afternoon proved to be costly to Missouri S&T's baseball team Sunday, as Missouri-St. Louis swept a pair of contests from the Miners by scores of 1-0 and 5-3 in 11 innings in Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) play at the UMSL Baseball Field.
Sunday's game were moved to UMSL from Rolla after rain that fell in the area Saturday – which forced the games to be suspended until Sunday -- made the S&T Baseball Field unplayable.
S&T fell to 8-12 overall and 7-5 in the GLVC while UMSL moved to 9-9 and 6-4.
The missed chances played a key part in game two, as after the Miners tied the game with two runs in the fifth, had runners on base in five of the next six innings and opportunities to push across the go-ahead or winning run in four of them. However, S&T had two innings cut short by losing runners on the bases and had the sacks loaded with nobody out in the 11th and was unable to score after giving two runs in the top half of the frame.
UMSL took the lead in the second on Justin Lois' RBI single, but the Miners answered right back in the bottom of the inning with a walk and three straight hits with one out, the last an infield single by Michael Boxell that scored Matt Robaska. A double play followed, however, to prevent the Miners from turning it into a big inning.
The Tritons regained the lead in the fifth when Lucas Matecki singled home a run and scored later in the inning on Charlie Mohr's double. Again the Miners came right back, taking advantage of a two-out error to knot the score on back-to-back doubles by Michael Lockett and Will Morrison.
While Miner relievers Eric Van Dyke and Harry Dunsford holding down the fort – Dunsford got a key strikeout in the eighth to end the Tritons' best scoring chance during that span – S&T continued to get runners on base but couldn't push one across the plate.
The Miners got a hit and a walk with two outs in the sixth, a leadoff hit in the seventh but lost that runner stealing, a two-out hit in the eighth and a one-out hit in the ninth with that runner getting caught stealing.
After a scoreless tenth, Mack Preston entered the game for S&T in the 11th and retired the first two hitters he faced, but an infield single by Lois sparked an uprising for the Tritons. The hit was followed by consecutive walks to load the bases, then a wild pitch on the first delivery to Mohr allowed Lois to score the go-ahead run.
UMSL would add another run later in the inning on a walk with the bases loaded, but the Miners put together a major threat in the bottom of the inning on a leadoff double by Nick Ulrich, an error that allowed Tyler Bodenstab to reach and a bunt single by Colin Coan to load the bases.
However, Kyle Renaud – who got the win for the Tritons in their 2-1 win Friday and a save in game one Sunday – fanned three straight hitters to preserve the victory.
The Miners outhit UMSL 13-8 in the nightcap, with Coan getting three hits for S&T and Lockett and Bodenstab getting two apiece.
The first game of Sunday's doubleheader was the completion of Saturday's suspended game and turned into a pitcher's dual between the Miners' John Auble and UMSL's Jonathan Rosario, who took over at the start of play Sunday after Andy Flett threw the first two innings of the contest.
S&T and UMSL swapped zeroes on the scoreboard through the first six innings as neither team had a hit in Sunday's portion of the game until Lockett singled with one out in the sixth.
Auble was brilliant on the afternoon as he allowed just three hits in his complete game effort, but was victimized by one mistake – a two-out home run off the bat of Tyler Bunge in the top of the seventh that turned into the only run of the contest.
Lockett had two of the Miners' three hits in game one as S&T left runners on base in six of the seven innings of play.
The Miners return to GLVC play today when they host Drury in a noon doubleheader.