|
|
The Rolla Daily News - Rolla, MO
  • No injuries in Rolla home fire

  • Nobody was injured in a blaze that firefighters were able to contain to the attic of a residence on 11th Street in Rolla Friday morning.
    • email print
  • Nobody was injured in a blaze that firefighters were able to contain to the attic of a residence on 11th Street in Rolla Friday morning.
    According to Ron Smith, assistant chief with the City of Rolla Fire and Rescue, the fire was reported around 7:16 a.m. March 1 at 414 E. 11th St. The rental home is owned by Frost Enterprises, of Rolla.
    Smith said a Rolla police officer was driving through the area when he noticed smoke coming from the home and notified the fire department.
    Fire crews along with Rolla police helped evacuate the occupants of the home, Smith said.
    The fire was contained to the attic over a bedroom, the assistant chief said. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical issue.
    Smoke damage was moderate and water damage was minimal, Smith said. Trusses in the attic were damaged, he added. Property damage is estimated to be around $11,000.
    He said the fire had been burning in the attic for some time before the police officer noticed the smoke from the home.
    The American Red Cross Heart of Missouri Chapter is assisting the occupants of the residence.
      • calendar