Ops manager Tom Parker summarizes projects, training
Rolla Municipal Utilities crews have been busy with several construction projects, Operations Manager Tom Parker told the Board of Public Works Tuesday afternoon.
Here's a summary of the operation manager's report:
• Two new poles, underground primary and transformer installations that started Feb. 7 on new townhouses at 2119-2149 Vichy Road continue.
• Also ongoing are new pole, underground primary and transformer installations that started Feb. 6 on new townhouses at 1352-1374 N. Oak St.
• Work was completed Feb. 5 on two new poles, transformer and service installation on townhouses at 301-307 E. 16th St. That work began Jan. 28.
• Also completed was the new underground primary, transformer and meter installation for the new AutoZone site at 601 W. Highway 72. That work began Jan. 28 and was finished Feb. 7.
• Continuing is construction of a new feeder circuit, underground and overhead distribution system from the Dewing Lane Substation to Lions Club Drive. The work began Dec. 3, 2012.
• A new three-phase underground primary transformer and meter installation that began Nov. 26, 2012 at the new production facility for Mo-Sci Corp., 4040 N. Hy Point Blvd., continues.
• Rebuilding of an existing single-phase overhead distribution system, which began Oct. 3, 2012, continues at Morrell Avenue and Lynwood Drive.
• Two one-inch water taps for new townhouses at 301-307 E. 16th St. were completed Feb. 19.
• Six one-inch water taps for new townhouses at 1352-1374 N. Oak St. were completed Feb. 11.
• Work on Highway 72, from Rucker Avenue to Faulkner Avenue, started Jan. 23 and was completed Feb. 4; this included new eight-inch C900 plastic water main extension, 180 feet of it, and another 20 feet of six-inch C900 plastic water main extension.
• Replacement of existing six-inch cast iron with eight-inch C900 plastic began Jan. 17 and is ongoing on Lincoln Lane form Liberty Drive to Washington Avenue.
• Parker reported RMU has received $139,070.70 from MIRMA insurance, after 10 percent deductions for repair to a 10mva transformer by Pacific Crest Transformer for the Old St. James Substation.
• Missouri One Call System's training session, "The Planning and Design Phases of Excavation Projects," was attended Feb. 19 in Rolla by Staff Engineer Vicki Cason and Nathan Randolph.
• Annual dielectric and structural testing of the RMU aerial truck and equipment by Mid America Testing and Supply was conducted Feb. 20 and is ongoing.
• Dave Gorrell and Eric Seest attended the MPUA Spring Tech Days workshop Feb. 21 at Sullivan.