Brewer Science Inc., planning the construction of a high-volume technology manufacturing facility at the Rolla National Airport, has asked the Rolla City Council to set some land use covenants on the city property.
“The City of Rolla and Brewer Science executed a lease of 10 acres of land at RNA … in January 2013,” City Administrator John Butz said in his agenda commentary for tonight’s council meeting that will begin at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
“The lease contained several conditions and covenants imposed by the city on the lease,” he continued. “Upon final execution, Brewer Science stipulated that the lease was effective contingent on the imposition of covenants/restrictions on other developable properties at RNA to ensure proper and compatible future developments.”
Butz will present the first amendment of the commercial ground lease, along with an ordinance to approve that amendment at tonight’s meeting.
“The amendment stipulates that the 1970 covenants applied to HyPoint Industrial Park as applicable would establish minimum standards,” he said.
Also on the agenda:
• The council will consider a resolution to change the name of St. John’s Parkway to Mercy Parkway, a request from Mercy Clinic that has been recommended by the Rolla Planning and Zoning Commission.
• Police Chief Mark Kearse will present an ordinance to apply for traffic grants through the Missouri Department of Transportation for first and final readings.
• Chief Kearse will also lead a discussion on the Williams Road emergency siren.
• Public Works Director Steve Hargis will present an ordinance authorizing Mayor Bill Jenks to enter into a grant agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for accessibility improvements under the Americans With Disabilities Act. The ordinance is slated for both first and final readings.
• The council will hear from Hargis on a bid for Southeast Wastewater Treatment Plant equipment; the council could pass a motion to accept the bid.
• Also up for discussion led by Finance Director Steffanie Rogers will be a motion to proceed with fire truck financing.
• The Missouri Amateur Softball Association will give the Sponsor of the Year Award to the City of Rolla.
• Rolla Municipal Utilities General Manager Rodney Bourne will present the first quarter report for Fiscal Year 2013.
• A private session to discuss real estate in Rolla will be conducted.