|
|
The Rolla Daily News - Rolla, MO
  • Shed destroyed by blaze Sunday

  • Several passersby may have helped save Michael Shane Dickey’s home Sunday afternoon from a fire.
    • email print
  • Several passersby may have helped save Michael Shane Dickey’s home Sunday afternoon from a fire.
    Dickey said he was burning a box near his home in the 12000 block of Country Club Road around 11 a.m. Sunday and went inside once he thought the fire was out.
    Roughly four hours later, the shed near where Dickey was burning was completely engulfed in flames.
    Seeing the billowing black smoke, drivers of three vehicles stopped, called 911 and got the people out of Dickey’s home. The residents of the home were not aware of the nearby fire.
    Then, everyone worked together to stop the rapidly spreading flames from reaching the home, another shed and a neighboring field by dousing the area with water using buckets and a garden hose.
    A short time later, firefighters from the Rolla Rural Fire Protection District arrived on scene and were able to put out the flames.
    The shed, which Dickey believed contained hay bales, was completely destroyed.
    No one was injured in the blaze.
      • calendar