|
|
The Rolla Daily News - Rolla, MO
  • Doolittle home is 'total loss' after fire

  • Woman treated for smoke inhalation
    • email print
  • A fire that broke out in a Doolittle residence last week appears to have been started by a resident who was smoking while also connected to an oxygen tank, according to Matt Bramel, chief of the Doolittle Rural Fire Protection District.
    Doolittle firefighters responded to the blaze on Schofer Street Wednesday night, Jan. 9.
    A woman, Wanda Braidlow, was treated for smoke inhalation and transported to the hospital for evaluation. Bramel did not know the full extent of any injuries she may have suffered besides inhaling smoke.
    According to Bramel, the structure was "fully involved" in the interior when fire crews arrived and called it a "total loss." Bramel said a bystander reported the fire.
    The Rolla Rural Fire Protection District offered mutual aid during the incident. Bramel said firefighters were able to control the fire fairly quickly and estimated that crews were on the scene for less than two hours.
    The American Red Cross Heart of Missouri Chapter was called in to assist with providing financial resources and meet immediate emergency needs.
      • calendar