Electrical, water work updated at RMU board session
- Work on electrical lines and water pipes was reported to the Board of Public Works at its Thursday, Dec. 20, meeting by Operations Manager Tom Parker.
Work on electrical lines and water pipes was reported to the Board of Public Works at its Thursday, Dec. 20, meeting by Operations Manager Tom Parker.
Here’s his update:
• Morrell Avenue/Lynwood Drive: rebuild existing single-phase overhead distribution system; started Oct. 3, ongoing.
• 112 N. Faulkner Ave., new communications tower: new pole and service installation, completed Oct. 29.
• Mo-Sci Corp., 440 N. Hy-Point Blvd. (new production facility): new three-phase underground primary, transformer and meter installation; started Nov. 26, ongoing.
• Dewing Lane Substation to Lions Club Drive: new feeder circuit, underground and overhead distribution system; started Dec. 3, ongoing.
• 1225 Industrial Drive: upgrade existing transformer, service and meter; completed Nov. 7.
• MoPEP (2012) fourth quarter unit exercise, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Mact ZZZZ Compliance testing; units EP-01 through EP-17; 50,327 kWh, Nov. 6-21.
• First Street, from Walnut to cul-de-sac: replace existing four-inch cast iron water line with six-inch C900; installed 220 feet; started Oct. 18 and finished Nov. 20.
• Liberty Drive, from McCutchen Drive to Lincoln Lane: replace existing six-inch cast iron with eight-inch C900 plastic, started Nov. 27, ongoing.
•404 E. 17th St. (new apartments: two one-inch water taps, completed Nov. 7.
• Pacific Crest Transformer, Nagogami Substation: 12 mVA transformer failure on Oct. 21; shipped to Jordan Transformer on Nov. 8.
• RMU Well No. 7 standpipe: purchased and removed by successful bidder, started Nov. 28, completed Dec. 5.
• RMU personnel: apprentice lineman fourth year final test scores: George Robbins, Brandon Johnson and Brandon Skyles, each scored 99 percent.