Nobody from the public attended an open hearing Dec. 18 on amendments to the 2012 Phelps County budget, which was a $15 million budget when it was initially approved in January 2012.
All three commissioners unanimously approved the amendments with no discussion after the hearing Jan. 18.
A breakdown of the amended revenues and expenses in the 2012 budget for the following funds is below:
Road and Bridge Fund
• Amended revenues due to additional federal storm damage reimbursement, miscellaneous reimbursements, sale of used equipment, road deposits and interfund loans, totaling $556,879;
• Amended expenditures due to increased building upkeep, liability insurance, TIF sales tax reimbursements, additional tire costs, fuel, miscellaneous road equipment, flood damage and bridge repair, concrete, chat, asphalt patching, Delta bridge project expenses and loan repayments, totaling $515,159.
County Revenue Fund
• Amended revenues due to additional PILT payments, PA delinquent tax, hospital surtax, sheriff fees, Drug Court grant and Family Court grant, totaling $120,661.
• Amended expenditures due to employee insurance, additional mileage, expense reimbursement and office expenses for the treasurer, jury trial expenses for other counties, additional operating expenses for the recorder, reimbursement of PA Courtney George salary and increased trial expense for the prosecuting attorney, additional autopsy costs for the coroner, additional trial expenses/guard duty for courthouse security, additional indigent expenses for the public administrator, an increase in utilities for the public defender, prior year Circuit Court expenses, health insurance deposit, additional Drug Court expenses and additional Family Court expenses, totaling $153,217.
• Amended revenues due to unexpected receipts, totaling $1,500, and no change in expenditures.
• Amended revenues and expenditures, each in the amount of $175,000, due to interfund loans, so there was no change to the fund overall.
Health Department Fund
• Amended revenues due to additional WIC, Medicaid, teen outreach program, maternal child health, child care consultation, miscellaneous reimbursements, nurse practitioner for other counties, child care inspection/license, child trust fund discretionary, cardio worksite inventory, bioterrorism, medical reserve corps, sanitarian food permits and Missouri Foundation for Health grant, totaling $69,128.
• Amended expenses due to additional revenues for salaries, health insurance, workers’ compensation, equipment maintenance, medical waste disposal, vaxcare, website development, BCCCP, children’s trust fund, child trust discretionary, CORE, emergency planning, environmental sanitarian, home visitation, lead safety, maternal child health, medical reserve corps, MFH, PCCAN and teen outreach, totaling $21,202.
Sheriff’s Drug Enforcement Fund
• Amended revenues due to increased federal forfeitures, totaling $700,000, and no change in expenditures.
Sheriff’s Revolving Fund
• Amended revenues due to an increase in concealed carry permit fees, totaling $11,000;
• Amended expenses due to increased program expenses and transfer to the law enforcement sales tax, totaling $21,500.
Page 2 of 2 - Law Enforcement Sales Tax Fund
• Amended revenues due to increased miscellaneous reimbursements, DOC mileage, other prisoner board, cities’ prisoner board, counties’ prisoner board and board reimbursement from criminal costs, totaling $578,500.
• Amended expenses due to increased overtime/vacation payouts for sheriff and jail, employee retirement, TIF sales tax reimbursement, increased auto maintenance and increased prisoner food and doctor/dentist, totaling $96,405.
Inmate Prisoner Detention Security Fund
• Amended expenses to reflect additional operating expenses, totaling $16,000, and no change in revenues.
Law Enforcement Restitution Fund
• Amended expenses to reflect increase coroner expenses, totaling $1,300, and no change in revenues.
PA Drug Enforcement Fund
• Amended revenues due to increased miscellaneous reimbursements and federal forfeitures, totaling $130,000.
• Amended expenses due to increased special prosecutor expenses, training, supplies/software, miscellaneous and equipment/maintenance, totaling $46,100.
PA Delinquent Tax Fund
• Amended revenues due to increased state reimbursements, totaling $6,000, and no change in expenditures.
• Amended revenues due to increased fees, totaling $5,000.
• Amended expenses due to increased program expenses, totaling $2,800.
Recorder User Fees Fund
• Amended revenues due to increase miscellaneous reimbursements and non-standard document fees, totaling $7,500, and no change in expenditures.
Jay White Estate Fund
• Amended expenses due to unforeseen miscellaneous expenses, totaling $200, and no change in revenues.
Various line item transfers will also be made within individual budgets.