Rolla school administrators for the past couple of meetings have shared their buildings' goals for improvement during the current school year.
Better statewide test scores, improved attendance rates and increased use of technology in the classroom were the themes for these school improvement plans.
Here's a synopsis of the goals for each building:
Truman Elementary School
1. "Eighty percent of our students will score at proficient or advanced on MAP (using the MPI as the measure)."
2. "Student attendance will improve to 98 percent for the 2012-2013 school year.
3. "100 percent of staff will use Positive Behavior Support (PBS) during the regular school day and involvement in co-curricular activities."
4. "100 percent of students will be reading at grade level or above."
5. "Increase the use of technology in the classroom."
Colonel John B. Wyman Elementary School
1. "Students will increase achievement in communication arts and math MAP scores by moving 2 percent of the students to proficient and advanced."
2. "Students will increase the use of positive behavior and good character traits resulting in a decrease in discipline referrals."
3. "Student attendance will be 95 percent or above."
4. "Wyman will increase positive school experiences and communication with Wyman families and the community."
5. "Teachers and students will increase the use of technology to acquire knowledge and improve achievement."
Mark Twain Elementary School
1. "Mark Twain Elementary will focus on improving student performance in math and English language arts while continuing to maintain high expectations in all other areas."
2. "Mark Twain Elementary will improve citizenship skills with an emphasis on promoting positive behavior and good character traits."
3. "Mark Twain Elementary will enhance instruction through the use of technology in the classroom."
4. "Mark Twain Elementary will identify and provide interventions for at-risk students."
Rolla Middle School
1. "RMS will focus on improving student performance in all accountability areas (math, English language arts and science), while continuing to improve curriculum and instruction in all other areas."
2. "RMS will seek to improve student achievement through the effective use of instructional technology."
3. "Rolla Middle School will work to increase student attendance to 95.5 percent."
4. "Rolla Middle School will improve the learning environment by promoting good character in a positive school climate."
Rolla Junior High School
1. "Rolla Junior High faculty and staff will increase student achievement in all tested areas by identifying and setting departmental/grade level goals that will support the students to score as high as possible on the MAP and EOC assessments."
2. "Students will improve citizenship skills and individual character traits."
3. "90 percent of the RJH students will have a minimum of 90 percent attendance."
Page 2 of 2 - 4. "RJH will work to strengthen relationships and increase communication between schools in the district, students parents and community."
5. "Increase the use of technology to enhance instruction."
Rolla High School
1. "Increase attendance to 95 percent."
3. "College and career ready."
4. "Improve scores and performance."
5. "Professional development."
Rolla Technical Institute/Center
1. "RTI/RTC will improve recruitment practices, retention of students and placement rates to enrich career and technical education programming."
2. "RTI/RTC will provide career and technical education programming to improve student performance ensuring they achieve academic and career success."
3. "RTI/RTC will enhance instructional technology to improve student performance."