The Phelps County Regional Medical Center Board of Trustees approved a capital budget request of $13,473,122 Wednesday night.
"I would classify this budget as a moderate budget," Chief Financial Officer Ed Clayton said in his presentation to the board's Finance Committee.
Clayton said department managers turned in requests totaling $32.5 million.
Seventeen of the requests that made the final recommendation were each over $100,000. These totaled $9.5 million.
Thirty-one other requests made up the remainder of the $13.5 million capital budget list.
Among the top requests were a master facelift, $370,000; HVAC upgrade, $200,000, and property acquisition, $856,000.
The Finance Committee voted to recommend the budget request to the full board, which met after the committee meeting. The full board voted approval.
In other business or discussion:
• Clayton presented the October financial report to the Finance Committee, which recommended it to the full board, which later approved it. Clayton's report included the following information: $19,005,000 net operating revenue, $18,895,000 total expenses, $110,000 income from operations, loss of $12,000 of non operating revenue, net income for the month, $97,000. Adjusted daily census was 240, while average daily census was 89.
• CliftonLarsonAllen LLP, a national top 12 accounting firm, was recommended by the Finance Committee as the choice for the hospital's auditor. The full board approved hiring the company.
• A television commercial promoting PCRMC's "world-class health care close to home" was shown at the beginning of the board meeting and again at the end.
• The board heard a report on quality from the IQAC committee.
• Chief of Staff Dr. Edward Downey submitted his report.