|
|
The Rolla Daily News - Rolla, MO
  • Yurt burns down in Sunrise Beach

  • The yurt in Sunrise Beach has burned down.
    The Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District responded to a report of the fire at 116 Maplewood Center Lane, just off Hwy. 5, around 5:16 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 18.
    • email print
      Comment
  • The yurt in Sunrise Beach has burned down.
    The Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District responded to a report of the fire at 116 Maplewood Center Lane, just off Hwy. 5, around 5:16 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 18.
    Initial reports indicated the possibility of victims trapped, according to Chief Dennis Reilly, but a search of the property revealed that there was no one in structure.
    First arriving units found the temporary dwelling well involved, he said.
    They went into service with "heavy water lines" and placed the fire under control within 10 minutes of arrival.
    According to Reilly, the blaze is believed to have been caused by a space heater. It has been ruled an accidental fire.
    The SBFPD would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens of the need to use portable heaters in a safe manner. Never place a portable heater in the vicinity of combustibles and never leave a portable heater unattended.

    Events Calendar