A cruise-in will be a part of Missouri University of Science and Technology’s Homecoming activities this year to go along with the 2012 Homecoming theme of Miner Road Trip.
This year’s Homecoming celebration will span three days from Friday, Oct. 12 to Sunday, Oct. 14.
The cruise-in will take place from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, in the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building parking lot. All models are welcome and admission is free.
People may register their vehicle for the cruise-in and get more information at mineralumni.com/cruisein.
Several other activities are planned for Homecoming weekend and many of the events are open to the public.
Following is the Missouri S&T Homecoming 2012 schedule of events:
Friday, Oct. 12
• Registration, 1-7 p.m., Leach Theatre Lobby, Castleman Hall, 10th and Main streets;
• Departmental open houses, 3-4 p.m., various campus departments;
• High-definition screening of “Tom Benton's Missouri” presented by Dr. James J. Bogan Jr., curators’ teaching professor emeritus of art history and film, 4-5 p.m., Leach Theatre, Castleman Hall;
• Men’s and women’s soccer games versus Kentucky Wesleyan College, 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Missouri S&T Soccer Fields;
• Alumni Silver and Gold Gathering, 5-9 p.m., Leach Theatre lobby, Castleman Hall, tickets required.
Saturday, Oct. 13
• Registration, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., alumni tent in the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building parking lot;
• Cruise-in, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building parking lot;
• Kummer Student Design Center Open House, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3:30-5 p.m., 1051 N. Bishop Ave.;
• Kick-off Tailgate Party, 11 a.m., Allgood-Bailey Stadium, tickets required;
• Football game, Miners versus William Jewell, 1 p.m., Allgood-Bailey Stadium, tickets required;
• Miner Legends Banquet, 6-9 p.m., St. Pat’s Ballroom, Havener Center, tickets required.
Sunday, Oct. 14
• Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on African-American Recruitment and Retention meeting, 1 p.m., Havener Center.
Information about tickets and registration is available at mineralumni.com/homecoming. For more information, contact the Miner Alumni Association at 573-341-4145.